What Job Seekers, Employees and Employers Need to Know About Social Media
Job Seekers and Social Media Accounts
Employees and Social Media Activity
What Should Employees Consider Before Posting?
Employers And Social Media
Four Things Employees and Employers Should Know About Social Media and Employment
For Job Seekers and Employees
- Social media can help you, but it also can hurt you.
- Your personal life online can impact you professionally.
- Before you apply for a job, ratchet up your privacy settings.
- Pause before posting. Once it’s online, it can live forever.
- It is easy for your company to get in trouble with poor social media use.
- Do not underestimate the value of a social media policy in protecting your company’s brand.
- Writing and establishing a social media policy is not simple.
- Employees can harm your brand via social media.
Social Media and Union Employees
Social Media and Individual Posts
Social Media and Recruitment
What Should Social Media Policy Address?
- Protecting the brand
- Protecting confidential information
- Guidance on what is acceptable and what is unacceptable